Protect your investment
ContiTech cover compounds provide the ultimate protection for your belt carcass so that you realize a lower cost-per-ton conveyed and your system requires less mainenance. Our innovative, thermoset-formulated compounds provide protection and performance in even the toughest applications. Utilizing our compounding expertise, we offer a wide variety of cover compounds to meet your specific application requirement.
ContiTech's manufacturing process is vertically integrated and unique to the conveyor belt industry. Backed by extensive research and testing facilities, we have cover compounds to meet your rigorous requirements. ContiTech owns mixing facilities that provide raw materials used in making our cover compounds, giving us more control over the quality of the product every step of the way.
Introducing 3 New Abrasion-Resistant Compounds
New Survivor® Plus, Defender® Plus and Protector were designed to meet your unique needs and budget.
|Compounds||Underground Mining Non-Coal||Coal – Prep Plants||Aggregate||Cement||Wood – Pulp & Paper||Steel or Foundry||Package Handling|
|Alumina – HOT||x|
|Solar-Shield® XL 750||x||x|
|Compounds||Hard Rock Mining||Grain Handling||Bulk Handling Terminal||Power Generation||Baggage Handling||Sand & Gravel||Overland Transportation|
|Alumina – HOT|
|Solar-Shield® XL 750||x|
- 6740A: Compounded for excellent heat and abrasion resistance in temperature ranges of 350°F (177°C) for lumpy material and up to 250°F (121°C) for hot baking loads.
- Alumina – HOT: Specifically designed compound intended for usage at alumina facilities where alumina material temperatures range up to 400°F.
- Defender® Plus: An ARPM Grade I rubber compound designed to provide excellent abrasion resistance, very good gouge resistance and excellent flexing life.
- Easyrider®: A low rolling resistance family of compounds for the pulley cover side only which is designed to reduce the energy cost by minimizing indention energy loss to idlers. Proven with over 600 miles of belt in operation, the LRR Easyrider™ compound can provide up to 20% reduction in energy consumption compared to standard compounds and the SLRR Easyrider™ compound can provide up to 32% reduction in energy consumption.
- FR-2G: Designed especially for aboveground prep plants, power plants and non-coal underground mining applications and meets ASTM D378-13.2 (old MSHA CFR 30 part 18) flame test standard.
- FRAR-2G: Designed for non-coal underground mining and surface applications that meet ASTM D378-13.2 (old MSHA CFR 30 part 18) flame test standard and offers approximately 70% more abrasion resistance than FR-2G.
- FRORS-2G: Moderate resistance to oil and static conductive, this compound is designed for oily coal or coke material. FRORS-2G meets ASTM D378-13.2 (old MSHA CFR 30 part 18) flame test standard.
- FRAR-CSA C & FR-CSA C: Fire retardant antistatic belting is certified by the Canadian Department of Energy, Mines and Resources, Ottawa to CAN/CSA M422M87, Type C, for below surface use as well as other mining operations. FRAR-CSA C offers approximately 40% better abrasion resistance than FR-CSA C compound.
- GRADE II: An ARPM Grade II rubber compound designed to provide good abrasion and gouge resistance and very good flex life.
- GLOBAL X®: Meets ARPM Grade I and DIN X standards. Offers superior cut and gouge resistance and very good abrasion resistance.
- HT Nitrile: An oil resistant compound formulated for applications demanding higher resistance to heat, oil and abrasion. It is resistant to temperatures up to 300°F (149°C), abrasion flexing, oxidation and the effect of corrosive atmospheres.
- MonsterHide: MonsterHide is an ARPM Grade II compound providing the ultimate in cut and gouge protection. The compound is designed to absorb impacts from large sharp rock.
- MORS: Compounded to resist the terpene content of wood chips and moderately oily grains. It has fair abrasion resistance and is a good value for handling moderately oily material where fire resistance is not required.
- Pathfinder® Arctic: Designed especially for the grain industry where oily grains and controlled mineral or vegetable oil dust suppressive sprays come in contact with the belt. Suitable to -40°F (-40°C).
- Pathfinder® Supreme: Designed especially for the grain industry where oily grains and controlled mineral or vegetable oil dust suppressive sprays come in contact with the belt.
- Protector: A Grade II compound for applications requiring good abrasion and gouge resistance and very good flex life.
- Solar-Shield® XL 750: An exceptional hot material compound with superior heat resistance against hardening and cracking. It is designed to carry hot loads at intermittent temperatures up to 750°F (399°C) and retain its superior heat resistant qualities.
- Stacker®: Premium ARPM Grade I Rubber Compound, designed for excellent resistance to cutting, gouging and abrasion.
- Survivor®: Superior abrasion resistance. Ideal for high speed, small diameter crushed stone, trap rock, ore, copper, taconite and other abrasive applications.
- Survivor® Plus: The ultimate in abrasion resistance, offering up to 40% more abrasion resistance than Survivor®. Ideal for high speed, abrasive material applications.