Wedge TLP™ Narrow
Part Number: 3VT950
3VT – .38 top width
950 – 95 outside length, uncogged
Wedge TLP™ is the longest lasting narrow v-belt in our lineup. It's constructed with a homogenous, one-piece design, the Wedge TLP Narrow V-belt delivers total lasting performance that is virtually maintenance free. Its high-modulus, high-denier cord can handle a significant increase in horsepower over our current HY-T Wedge. Wedge TLP's unique advanced construction process includes use of a specialized reinforcement and compounds that make this Narrow V-belt virtually maintenance free. Install this belt the first time with proper installation techniques and take advantage of reduced downtime and maintenance. With its greater horsepower capacity, Wedge TLP allows you to deliver the same amount of horsepower with a lesser number of belts. Fewer belts mean fewer sheave grooves; the combination of the two means lower-cost belt drives. Wedge TLP belts offer supreme durability and wear resistance– plus better fit even in worn sheaves. That is all because of its two envelope plies and specialty blended, fiber-rich compounding that help support increased horsepower, with less deformation under tension.
Key Features & Benefits
- Reduce Maintenance
- Reduced drive cost
- Durability that goes the distance
A narrow cross-section V-belt that distributes stresses more uniformly over tension members to deliver more consistent and reliable power transmission.
- Equal horsepower can be generated with smaller, lighter belts (compared to classical style belts) which means sheaves can be sammer and lighter
- Deeper wedge profile creates more contact with sheaves (compared to classical style belts) resulting in increased horsepower
- Vytacord® tension member provide strength and dimensional stability for Matchmaker® performance
- Fiber-loaded, high-quality Continental ContiTech rubber compound reinforced cushion stock adds to belt strength
- Available in a raw edge construction with cogs for increased horsepower capability or envelope construction recommended for drives where pulsation, shock loads, high tension and long centers are involved
Traditional classical belts designed for operating at higher speeds over small diameter pulleys and short center distances. Also for use in multiple V-belt drives where high shock load and heavy-duty loads are encountered.
Quality materials make the difference:
HY-T® Plus is Continental ContiTech line of the classical V-belt. Quality materials are the key to the longer belt life.
- Vytacord® tensile members control stretch, so that it is minimal, predictable and uniform
- Our engineered heat- and oil-resistant rubber compound impregnated envelope fabric provides positive traction, maximum flexibility and extended wear resistance
- Built to Matchmaker® specifications so all belts of the same size meet ARPM matching specifications wich eliminates matching problems, improves performance and increases service life
Dual branded classical belts:
- Dual branded with the fractional horsepower belt part number
- Offers a higher horsepower classical belt for use on FHP drives resulting in longer life
- Dual branding (Classical and FHP Belts) reduces inventory
Premium classical-profile belt delivers increased HP over traditional classical belts. Designed for tough, small-sheave diameter, high-tension drives.
Torque-Flex® belts are classical-profile belts with fully molded cogs:
- Raw rubber edges contact the sheaves for increased horsepower ratings
- Cogs allow for greater flexibility and heat dissipation
- Matchmaker® Belt Series for length uniformity
- High-strength, high-horsepower capacity means fewer belt sheave grooves to deliver the same amount of horsepower
Metric Belts are strong, flexible and work in a wide temperature range. With universal fit and North American production, Metric Belts deliver.
Metric belts operate under one of the widest temperature ranges in the industry, from -40°F to 230°F (-40°C to 110°C)*. It is that versatility and our experience in rubber compounding that can provide superior performance under the toughest conditions. And when equipment calls for metric precision, you need a belt that not only measures up, but one that will not get lost in translation. Metric Belts are engineered to universal metric profiles, but manufactured by our company in North America, so you don’t have to go elsewhere to get them. With universal fit and North American production, Metric Belts deliver.
*Temperature range is based upon test data obtained on select belt sizes manufactured from our latest rubber compounds, consistent with standard MIL-B-11040-E, section 3.8.
Metric Belts thrive in tough conditions:
- Our years of manufacturing experience coupled with our expertise in rubber compounding provides for superior performance under the toughest conditions
- They do more than measure up, they stand apart
- Metric is part of Continental ContiTech Matchmaker® series of belts. The Matchmaker name means your belts will match within ISO matching limits.
- EPDM construction (cut-edge cogged only)
Drive conditions and service variables in combination with time in operation can result in a loss of static conductivity. It is recommended that a conductivity check be added to drive preventive maintenance programs where belt static conductivity is a requirement.
Double-sided classical cross-section belts are for use on drives which have one or more reverse bends, where power must be transmitted to or from the belt in both standard and reversing positions.
Designed for Dependability:
- Vytacord® tension members for maximum strength and minimum stretch while transmitting power from both sides of the belt
- Features our engineered rubber compound and envelope is designed for maximum performance and long service life
Insta-Power® with Aramid Strength
Dual-branded, high-performance, aramid-reinforced classical V-Belts are for both lawn and garden, and heavy-duty industrial applications.
Classical profile belts built for strength and endurance:
- Exclusive engineered rubber compound impregnated fabric envelope provides high wear, abrasion and oil resistance
- Cushion section compound is fiber loaded to handle high stress
- Tension member is aramid for superior load carrying capacity
- Engineered to handle sudden shock loads, high ambient temperatures and resist damage from oil and dust
Classical profile light-duty V-Belts for light machinery, home appliances, farm machinery, shop equipment, fans, blowers, etc.
Improved FHP performance from Continental ContiTech V-belt technology:
The Continental ContiTech line of FHP belts includes a complete selection of sizes and types for all fractional horsepower motors.
- Cooler running for longer life
- Low vibration for minimal noise
- Superior efficiency for improved performance
- High-tensile Vytacord® improves dimensional stability
- Engineered rubber compound for maximum flex life
- Molded cogs improve flexibility and heat dissipation
- Backing is oil, ozone and abrasion resistant for long, trouble-free operation
Open End V-Belting
The ideal solution for problem applications and emergency replacements! Continental ContiTech Open End V-belting is the perfect answer for applications where endless V-belts are difficult or impossible to install. It also serves as an ideal emergency replacement when the exact length of endless belt is not readily available.
Open End V-belting will operate in any drive as long as ARPM standard sheave dimensions are observed and the recommended maximum speed of 3,500 feet per minute is not exceeded. It is not recommended as a permanent substitute for endless V-belts except on drives where standard belts cannot be installed.
Horsepower ratings for fastened Open End V-belts are approximately 30 percent less than standard Continental ContiTech multiple V-belts. Do not use Open End V-belts and Endless V-belts together on the same drive, due to elongation and cross section dimension differences.
Key Features & Benefits
- Universal Classical Profile (A, B, C & D)
- Mulitple-ply, square-woven fabric tension members
- Oil, heat, ozone and abrasion resistant
- Easy Installation with spliced ends
- Ideal solution for emergency situations or long center drives